“Got Happiness” … spend a few minutes if you’d like more
Seems to be in short supply today … but I believe too many are seduced by the quest for a “quick” helping of the sensations we call happiness instead of a daily diet of Joy.
Tony Robbins, a fellow Coach posted an article titled “30 Things you need to let go to find Happiness,”
Here’s a “Cliff Notes version” of the article and to view the complete post, please click here.
Philosophers have shared with us for centuries that in order to grow, change, gain, etc … we must make room by eliminating those things holding us back … plainly speaking, “there’s no more room in your closet for another pair of jeans … you need to get rid of something!”
That said, let’s look at some items we might consider eliminating so we’ll have room for happiness or better yet Joy.
- Grudges – we’re the only one getting help back by keeping them
- Worldly success and greatness are the same
- Pride – should be a (4) letter word
- Our need to be Certain – if we knew “for certain” where is the thrill of discovery?
- Need to be in Control – the downfall of most of us, even ducks have problems with this one
- Belief you’ll be rich one day – fact 99% don’t qualify (but 1% of 7 Billion is as large number!)
- Insecurity – give this a try – “I love myself, I love myself, I love myself” stated daily.
- Possessiveness – we are ALL free, independent and possess “free agency” to be ourselves, don’t take away another’s !!
Click on this link for the rest of the article …